الجمعة، 21 أكتوبر، 2011

Temple of Karnak

The Temple of Karnak, the largest temple built in the ancient world and the most important temples of the area of Luxor, the temple dedicated to the god Amun, who started the Pharaoh City first built and completed by Ramses II, in addition to the temples, which continued to be built until the first century BC, an area of ​​around 60 acres and continued to build what it of 1500 years and was named after the Islamic conquest .. Where Karnak means fort or fortified place
Running the Temple of Karnak, the so-called village strongholds in the northern part of the city of Thebes (Luxor), and returns the famous Karnak to being in fact a group of temples, many built starting from the family of the 11 approximately in the year 2134 BC., When was a good center for the religion of the Egyptian these temples surrounded by walls of brick connected to each other through corridors guarded by statues of two rows are stacked on the Sphinx.

The area of ​​the Temple of Amun, 140 square meters, which is equipped with a large hall with a mobile roof on 122 column, up more than 21 meters and lined in 9 rows, this is not the reliefs on the columns and the giant gates, and obelisks.
 
Has been the construction of the temple to be a home to "the holy trinity of good." This trinity consists of God "Amon" (and the meaning of his name "hidden" Hidden), and his wife, "death" Mut the mother, and son of God "Khun Sue" Khonsu God of the moon, which reflects the sky. The official is based in the Temple of Karnak, and then saw them to the temple to pay tribute to another in a suburb of "good" old gods to rest for a period of time, so they built the King, "Amenhotep III," this temple in Luxor. It was said that he had built on the ruins of an old house from the houses of worship

Has established the King, "City I" Mslten it .. One of them still remain in place, and extends them to the front two rows of statues edifice erected by the "Ramses II" in the form of "Sphinx", each having a ram head and the body of a lion. It is noted that under the chin of each of them a statue of the king himself. This is the way which they call "the road of rams." It is also noted that most of the construction has been in the era of the eighteenth dynasty, and in the reign of kings "Amenhotep II", and "Amenhotep III," in particular. However, adjustments were made and expansions in the Nineteenth Dynasty, in the reign of King "Ramses II" in particular. There are also in the northwest corner of the courtyard three booths, prepared to house the sacred vessels of the triad "good", built by the King, "City I" of the kings of the family of the nineteenth, has decorated the walls of these chapels with reliefs representing the sacred vessels

And thus became the Temple of Amon at Karnak is the palace official, also became the Temple of Luxor, who spends his own house with his family a period of rest and recreation in the specific date each year, the temple itself is located on the Corniche Road in front of the Nile. In the middle of the wall of the temple almost, there is a small door leading into the temple

Kings who participated in the construction of the Temple of Luxor

Participated in the establishment and administration of this temple each of the "Tutankhamen" and kings "any", and "Horemheb", and "First City" and held the King, "Ramses II" expansion in the temple. The record "Tutankhamun" procession scenes "Opt Holiday" on the walls surrounding Bsfi captains of wandering gallery, as well as a trip to "Amon" the annual stop at the Luxor

And which is no doubt that the temple was established place of an ancient temple of the Middle Kingdom, and began the King "Thutmose III" (1500 BC). Construction of the three chapels of the triple "good" the Holy Temple on the ruins of the old one. The booths are still "Thutmose III" found in the courtyard of the King, "Ramses II" the temple. But he was not only known as a temple in the era of the King "of Amenhotep III," which was built three-quarters
Installation and layout of the temple:
 
Temple of "Amon Ra" the great
 
The temple is composed of the altar is located in the far eastern side. This niche has been prepared to save the statues of the god "Amon" and his family. This is known as the place "Bakds of Holies," which was shrouded in darkness! Followed by an open courtyard then immersed in the light of day, and then ends the courtyard is a great delve into profound metrics entrance is located between Berger. It was meant to be the final edifice is the interface of the temple, but the different kings, who led after that they took one adds the other yards in the direction of the West. And ends each of which delve into profound metrics, until it became ten edifices of the temple that the first edifice of the temple. It is an act of the family twenty-second, but did not complete yet! It is located between the twin towers of this edifice that connects the entrance of the temple and leads to the first courtyard. Which they call a "yard Albobstian" Bubastites .. Relative to the Kings "Tell Basta" .. A large courtyard inclusion of the two sides a row of columns on the papyrus. The strikethrough in the past "Josag Thariqh," which was composed of ten columns graceful filed by the King, "Thariqh" the family of the twenty-fifth, one of the columns are still standing

.Since no space western enough, it turned the Kings in the middle of the eighteenth dynasty, a larger family of the constructions at Karnak, turned to the construction of courtyards and monuments to the south on a new axis spaced from the first axis of the temple, but quickly took the buildings of the new road the first .. Ie to the west, in the era of the kings of the family of the nineteenth and beyond.
 
Thus, amplified a group of buildings of this temple, and took final form looks like the T in the English language, but has a slant on one side of any such sets this character ten edifices, also contains quite a few of the courtyards and Alabhae (gathering hall). The front of the temple there is a great arena, where we see a raised platform in the center, which was a marina for private vessels to the temple one day, where the Nile was conducted in the past near them

.But if we look to the southern facade of the courtyard, which we were talking about, we will find a beautiful temple set up by "Ramses III" to house the sacred vessels and this temple is considered a model of the complete Egyptian temple. It starts with a great delve into profound metrics adorned with statues of the king are impressive from the outside. Followed from the inside courtyard which is bounded Albwaik (collection of tears) east and west. It seems the King on the columns in the form of "Osiris", and walls decorated with reliefs representing the king in different positions in front of "the god Amun," and then followed by a corridor by two rows of columns .. The first consists of columns stick out statues. "Oozyreh"-style statues of the yard, and the second row consists of four columns in the form of papyrus. This brings us to the lobby of the vestibule columns which in turn leads to the three chapels of harboring the sacred vessels of the triple "good". And its vicinity there are several dark rooms were used for the needs of worship.

Courtyard of the temple and the great edifice second
In the large courtyard of the temple we see a great gate in the south-eastern corner of the courtyard gate called "Chacang." There are more than "Chacang" or "Heshunk" Sheshonk .. First, second, and so on .. Family ruled Egypt in the twenty-second they are out of Libby. But they ruled Egypt, and fought on behalf of Egypt outside its borders, and Tlqbwa the title of "Pharaoh". Took "the first Chacang" Broaqan arena. The scene then became the first pylon. The control gate of the temple administration and most importantly, to the east we find the second edifice set up by the King, "I and Ramses the Great Hypostyle Hall at Karnak Temple, The Great Hypostyle Hall of Karnak Temple, construction began in the reign of the King," First City "(about 1290-1279 BC . m) was completed in the reign of his son King "Ramses II" (about 1279-1213 BC)..

  

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق